Coal Industry in India
Coal is the most abundant fossil fuel resource in the country. India, currently, stands fifth in terms of total World Coal Resources, whereas it is third from the point of view of identified reserves. Basically, Indian coals have high mineral matter (ash) content unlike coals of America and Europe.
The coal occurrences in India are mainly distributed along the present-day river valleys i.e. Damodar Valley, Sone-Mahanadi Valley, Pench-Kanhan Valley, Wardha-Godavari Valley, etc. There are 69 major coalfields located in peninsular India besides, 17 located in the north-eastern region. The bulk of the coal reserves are confined to the south-eastern quadrant of the country in West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa, Chhattisgarh & Madhya Pradesh.
The coal reserves of India have been estimated by the Geological Survey of India in March 2014 at 303 billion tonnes–up to the depth of 1200m. Out of 303 billion tonnes (Bt) of coal reserves – ‘Prime’ coking coal is 5.3 Bt, Medium and Semi-coking coals are 27.0 Bt and 1.71 Bt, and Non-coking coals 267.5 Bt.
India ranks third amongst the coal-producing countries of the world in terms of annual coal production, next to China and the United States. When India gained its independence in 1947, the coal production was nearly 30 million tonnes per year and the coal mining operation was primarily in the private sector.
Till 1971-73 the coal mining operation remained primarily in the private sector and the production had come up to a level of nearly 72 million tonnes per year only. The entire coal industry in India was nationalized during 1972-73 and then massive investments were made by the Government of India in this basic infrastructure sector.
Coal a Good Source of Energy
Coal is a very good and economical source of energy. However, there may be some issues related environment, but it has no reliable substitute for it. Here are some key reasons that make coal a good source of energy:
1. It is the cheapest source of energy. It is by far cheaper than nuclear, natural gas, oil. Hydro usually will be slightly cheaper but the installation of facilities and their maintenance is a capital intensive affair.
2. Coal also provides a stable source of energy and there are very plentiful supply nations like the United States, China, etc.
3. Coal is nothing more than ancient wood which has been under pressure for millions of years. It is not sinister as you may have been led to believe.
4. Coal provides many jobs as the industry is capital intensive. Unlike other forms of energy, coal provides many jobs.
5. Coal can be mined and burned with little environmental impact. There have been tremendous strides in environmental responsibility with mining coal and burning coal.
6. Coal mining reclamation can give the surface landowner many more options for developing his land. In the mountainous terrain, a mining process called mountaintop removal can create very valuable and usable level land for the surface owner.
Need of a Good Coal Supplier
There is a growing desire to know how products are made, where the components come from, what is the carbon footprint of the product one holds. Here are some key reasons why a good supplier is needed.
1. Traceability: Responsible sourcing of mined products through traceability, supplier codes of conduct, or going through the Bettercoal assessment.
2. Accountability and Transparency: High-level accountability is always required today throughout the world. In the coal industry, the whole supply chain needs to work together to not only ensure responsible conduct across the whole value chain but also to increase transparency.
3. Overcoming Challenges: Coal production is not an easy job. Our reliability on coal is not merely for power generation. Various industries like steel manufacturing, cement, metal, gold, and diamonds are heavily dependent on coals.
4. Ensuring ESG performance: In today’s world of globalization, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) can not be undermined. Even social media, too, is critical of various industries, considered to be cash mines or hazardous. Operations need to meet the same standard. Coal as an industry must demonstrate its respect to these standards.
5. Commitment to Traders: Safeguarding the interests of traders and ensuring a smooth and reliable process, a good supplier is much need. Traders, too need to prove their commitment to safeguarding environmental and social rights in their purchasing of coal.
Qualities of a Good Coal Supplier
The world has always been energy hungry. Since the inception of industrialization in the late 17th century, humans have been dependent on coal. However, with the passage of time, we have been able to reduce our dependency on coal but there is no pure substitute for the same.
Finding and selecting a good supplier is an essential first step to managing product quality and limiting defects in orders. Choose the wrong supplier and you could face shipping delays, poor quality, and product returns. But choose the right supplier and you will find quality products and satisfied customers. Here is some key feature for the same:
Delivery of your product in the correct and useful condition is much need. The same applies to the coal industry as well. A customer must seek a reliable supplier with spacious warehouses and a vast distribution network to cater to the immediate demands. This makes life easier.
2. Accountability for Quality
A supplier with accountability will take responsibility for the quality and work forward to address issues, if any, quickly. They might offer to remove the untrimmed threads and implement stricter quality controls. A supplier without accountability is more likely to deflect responsibility.
3. Expertise in Product and Market
A supplier is more likely to be familiar with common quality issues related to your product if they have experience manufacturing a similar product. looking for suppliers They’re more likely to be able to identify and fix problems proactively before those problems affect a large portion of the order.
4. Trusted Source of Procurement
Procurement of product shall be paid utmost priority. It is becoming more emphasized in the coal industry. Coal must be procured from assured miners and the Government in decent amounts. Procurement sources must be top-notch and among the topmost exporters of the world.
4. Customer Relations and Culture
To push the button, a supplier must be bothered enough about customer satisfaction. A supplier must be a customer-friendly firm. The “ideal” supplier is rarely the same for every customer. A consistent relationship with customers gives a thumbs up to the company. Culture fit is particularly important for smaller buyers.
5. Best Price
Pricing is a key factor for customers choosing the supplier. Ensure that you are not levying any additional price. Buying from direct suppliers gives you the advantage of getting very nominal and competitive rates. Maintaining a good report in the industry in pricing holds the fort.
6. Sales Network
A well-knitted team of experienced professionals stationed at almost every Hook and Corner of the area of operation is a major plus for an entity. This ensures time-bound and smooth operations for the business to flourish and expand.
7. Ethical Compliance
Ethical sourcing has made its way into the spotlight. As larger brands have made headlines in recent years for social compliance violations in their supply chain, countries have taken steps to outlaw goods made with forced labor.
8. Improvement and Proactiveness
Improvement and Innovation is a key supply chain trend at present, and buyers want to see signs of this from the suppliers they work with because it could be what gives your customer an advantage.
Proactiveness is probably the hardest to find among overseas suppliers. But it’s also one of the most valuable if you’re serious about maintaining a long-term, high-volume relationship with a supplier.
Why choose Anmol India?
Anmol India Limited is a leading coal supplier of India, established in 1998. It is a renowned name in the Coal import and supply industry. It is one of the very few renowned coal importing and trading companies.
The company specializes in, but not limited to, supplying High GCV coal, USA coal, Indonesian coal, Saudi Pet Coke and USA Pet Coke. Doing a multi-billion business of tried and tested products every year, Anmol’s sales operations cover almost half of India. Here are a few reasons, that make Anmol India a gold standard coal supplier
1. Anmol India takes pride in delivering time-bound ordered stock in solid condition. A customer gets a reliable partner. The company has spacious distributed warehouses catering to immediate demands. The company has different modes of operations and supplies to make the business easy and smooth.
2. Anmol India’s entire stock is quality tested before being put on sale. This test is conducted by an independent inspection body. Quality is given the foremost priority and a test report of the stock is available on request. Clients are encouraged to quality test the stock once it has reached their site.
3. Anmol India Procures Coal Directly from Miners and Government in huge amounts. Their procurement sources are top-notch and basically are among the topmost exporters of the world. This is another reason for the high-quality products.
4. It cannot be stressed enough, how concerned Anmol India is about satisfying their customer. Anmol India has always been a customer-friendly firm. Many times we have gone out of the way to fulfill immediate customer demands. Be it immediate demand or demand of product out of stock we always try to put the best foot forward.
5. Anmol India is a direct supplier. Buyers can be assured of competitive pricing and not levy any additional price. Purchasing from direct suppliers gives buyers the advantage of getting very nominal and competitive rates. Moreover, the company has a strong reputation of providing the best price quotation.
6. In India Anmol India has a devoted, well-knitted, team of experienced professionals stationed at almost every Hook and Corner of the area of operation in the states of Gujarat, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Now, it is expanding Southern and South-Eastern India as well.
Anmol India takes orders via E-mails, telephonic conversations, and mobile apps from customers according to the needs and requirements. However, the industry is confined to few major players, the company primarily fetches orders from regular clients. But this does not mean that the company shrugs off the new clients.
Anmol Coal Mobile Apps
The company’s Mobile application “Anmol Coal” is one of its kind in the Coal industry and makes their prices easily accessible and transparent. It increases company visibility, useful for price discovery and placing inquiries. It has brought in more than 2000 inquiries in the last year.
The huge user base allows Anmol India to disseminate information on a wider scale and collect user information (with user consent) for marketing purposes. The company is rapidly expanding its business to the southern states of the company, with ample intent.